- Support Customer Experience Operations in meeting operational requirements and quality customer service expectations.
- Support Customer Experience Operations in conducting best practices benchmarking, establishing operational dashboards, evaluating effectiveness, and identifying potential process changes.
- Assists with standard billing and maintenance transactions in billing, metering, and other related systems to ensure accurate customer billing, accurate revenue reporting and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of documentation for department procedures.
- Provides project support, as needed, for program and service offerings such as energy affordability, rate options, and other projects as assigned, including customer outreach.
- Strong communication skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access or other database query tool is desirable.
- Possess the ability to multitask and be process-oriented.
- Ability to be timely, technically savvy, a team player, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Candidate must be adaptive to changing work projects and priorities, highly analytical and customer service oriented
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality to assure customers' right to privacy.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
- Under normal operating conditions, this position will be reporting to the Duluth, MN office. In accordance with the Company's current work-from-home policy, the position will start as a remote, work-from-home opportunity but will be anticipate to report to the Duluth, MN office as the duration of the remote work option is subject to the business need and evolving guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some training may need to occur in the office, with safety protocol and social distancing.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP:
- The internship will be full time during the summer and part time (20-25 hours per week) during the school year. This role is expected to run for approximately one year. Hours and duration are subject to change based on company need.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.