Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the team and become part of our family!
Charter Automotive in Milwaukee, WI is now hiring a Marketing Communications Intern to join their Sales & Marketing department!
Duration/Schedule: Flexible part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer months.
Start Date: September 2021
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop Website Content (web development, images, wording, etc.)
- Social Media Content
- Company Intranet Content
- Day to Day Support of Sales & Marketing Functions
Become part of the Charter Automotive Sales & Marketing team while having the opportunity to work with multiple departments and gain exposure to day-to-day business operations at Charter Automotive. You will play a critical role in helping create / implement marketing content and campaigns with the goal of generating leads and increasing Charter Automotive's brand awareness. The Marketing Communications intern will have the ability to contribute ideas for a variety of marketing initiatives, including building social media campaigns, providing digital platform content support, creating and deploying a variety of marketing materials, and assisting in various projects as determined by the team.
Grow through Charter's Internship values of communication, high expectations, accountability, responsibility, teamwork, exposure to business, and real-world work experience.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or a related field with current status of at least a Sophomore level.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and web-based platforms
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks / project goals
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and stakeholder aware.
- A positive and friendly attitude, willing to work independently or collaborate within teams.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Strong scheduling and project management skills - ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of social media channels, especially LinkedIn.
- Help coordinate / execute a comprehensive phased organizational name change project.
- Create, research, edit and share engaging original content across all Marketing & Sales platforms (website, social media, and other internal / external marketing collateral) on a standard cadence.
- Collaborate with various departments on new ideas for marketing and communication campaigns.
- Provide creative ideas with ability to generate unique solutions / approaches.
- Proof and edit communications including presentations and other materials for various publication outlets to ensure alignment with company brand standards, style guide, etc.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects as needed.
- Ability to meet essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as described herein.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements where applicable.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
Reports to: Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst
Primary internal customers: Marketing & Sales Leadership
Primary external customers:Cross-functional and/or cross-divisional stakeholders